The Whole Yard

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fall Kitchen Work

Rosemary, Oregano and Parsley - dried for winter use

Tomatoes, halved and seeded and ready for dehydrating

Finished Product - Oven-dried Tomatoes

Tomatillos, whole and in a bit of water

Finished product - ready for use in salsas, stews, chili, etc.

Today I have some jalapenos I'm going to dehydrate. We also got our first good frost last night (it's currently 34°), so I'm going to go thru the garden and pick whatever may be left.

In other yardwork, we have to mow the lawn and then overseed the backyard. We disagree on where we're going to overseed (we only bought enough to do about half the back). I think we should seed where the grass is thinnest - towards the back of the yard - and Eric thinks we should seed where we spend the most time, even though the grass there is plenty thick and grows well.

2 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I didn't know you could dehydrate jalapenos. We have a boatload that we picked this morning. That may be the solution. We pulled most everything out of the garden today.... brrrrr.

Connor said...

I'm curious about an item you had on your to-do list. Did you ever get around to pulling out your barberry bush? I have four of the horrid things around my house in northern Ohio and only the faintest idea of how to get rid of them. The best thought I have is wrapping a chain around them and pulling them out with our truck. However, we don't have much room to maneuver, so I don't know if it will work. If you have any ideas, I'd appreciate them! Your blog has already given me lots of things I'm going to try out next year. Thanks! Toni

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails