The Whole Yard

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Memorial Weekend - Saturday

Lots accomplished today. First thing in the morning C and I went to a local nursery and purchased two new trees - a musclewood and a native redbud. When we got back, I pruned the viburnum by hand and am very happy with the results.

While H mowed the lawn, I weeded all the planting beds except the bean bed and the island bed. I also pruned the climbing rose in the fireplace bed. She looks a little stunted right now, so here are some of my unsung heros. I love my hostas and native columbine.
Close up of the columbine. So very pretty.
I discovered our coneflower in the west fence bed seeded itself in new locations. Very happy about this!.
The spirea have really finally filled in. Love the foliage color and I can't wait for it to bloom.
After weeding, I re-edged the entire fireplace bed. This makes my German soul very happy.
Close up of the red-twig dogwood.
In addition to mowing, H was in charge of rototilling the garden beds and the northwest bed (I need a better name) in preparation for our new trees. He also re-set the landscape edging out front so that it was level with the ground again.

Here's the garden beds all ready to be covered and planted.
And the two front beds ready for their new trees (with C riding his tricycle in the background).
After all this was done, we grilled some salmon and asparagus for dinner. The troops were hungry - no leftovers!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails