The Whole Yard

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Weekly roundup - August 13

This weekend was rough. H was gone all night Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday. This meant all of the yard work was going to fall on me.

So, to get a jump on things, Friday night I went out and harvested our garden. At night. In my PJs. H got home a few minutes before I finished and snapped this photo of me with the massive zucchini I found.
This is over 12 lbs of produce. The zucchini counts for 4 of those.
I ended up making a batch of zucchini bread and another 5 jars of pickles (2 of bread and butter spears and 3 more dill). Two more zucchini got sliced up and a lb of beans sauteed for dinners this weekend. I'm thinking a lot of fajitas and stuffed peppers are in our future though. It's also a good thing G loves raw bell peppers now.

Our coneflowers continue to be a pollinator heaven. I snapped this photo of a lovely female eastern tiger swallowtail with one of many honeybees.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails