The Whole Yard

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Fixing the linden and other spring maintenance

Quarantine revives the blog!

Five years ago, we hired a tree trimming service to do some basic pruning. They ended up topping my favorite tree.

Today we spent the day trying to fix the damage. 

As per usual, I always forget to take a before photo. This is after we'd already done some basic pruning along the bottom third. But you can see toward the top we have some competing laterals again that need to be taken off.
Here she is after! Look how gorgeous and defined that central leader is.
Here's the amount we ended up taking off in total. I felt we could be a bit more aggressive, but H is more conservative than I am.
In other news, we had 2 cu. yd. of soil delivered for the garden beds. And now G and C are big enough to help!
I also did some pretty significant pruning of the dogwood. Again, forgot a before photo, but you can kinda see how weedy it was last year.
I also cleaned out the old raspberry canes to get our patch in shape.
Finally, the boys spent part of the afternoon making some art.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails