The Whole Yard

Sunday, October 4, 2015

More home improvements

Master Bathroom

Back in January I re-did our bathroom. As I stated in that post, I wanted to put a shelf or two above the towel bar over the toilet.
10 months later, I finally did. Voila!
I knew I wanted to move my makeup and stuff out onto the shelf - both to have it accessible and to move it out of the way of little hands. But the top drawer of the 3 drawer set was previously home to kid medicine.
I'm a big believer in repurposing existing items. So I did some re-arranging, cleaning out of old supplies that I no longer use (Velcro curlers? Adios!). I had another mostly empty bin that I moved our first aid supplies into, then moved the kids' medication into where the first aid supplies were. This actually works better because it makes our first aid kit mobile. It also completely freed up the top shelf in our closet.

Kids' Bathroom

Several years ago, I re-did our "guest" bathroom. Took down a bulky, largely useless medicine cabinet and put up a train shelf and a glass display shelf. And for the past 6 or 7 years, it's worked well.
But the kids have gotten bigger, accumulated more stuff, etc. It had ceased to really function well. We were storing towels in G's room, other towels in C's room, lotions in another spot, etc..
So! In went a new shelf where the train shelf was for towel storage. I purchased a tank basket for bath and grooming supplies. Then I moved the train shelf up.
Again, repurposing the existing shelves. I could go and spent lots of money on brand new shelves, but why? 
I'm not sure what will go up on the 2nd shelf yet. Maybe extra bath toy storage. But now at least we have it..
The glass shelf got moved to the wall next to the door. Or will when C wakes up from his nap.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails