The Whole Yard

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Landscaping the West Fence - Part 2

Last night I came home with the kids to find H in the back yard, digging up the dogwood. This is kinda how he operates - he'll be focused on something, like making dinner, and then go "Oh, I'll just do this 3 hour task real quick."

It's like my dad's version of a "half hour job".


So he and G stayed out there (WELL past G's bedtime) to finish digging it up and transplanting it. In his rush, he snapped off the taproot, so we'll see if it survives. He did get a nice large rootball otherwise.


Still, the results can't be argued with. She nicely fits in between our neighbors two shrubs - a lilac and another red-twig dogwood - to create some lovely screening.


Now I just need to get the other plants put in the ground and mulch the bed.

Which reminds me, I need to order a mulch delivery.

1 comment:

Rebecca A. Maynard said...

Although I might want to try straw bale gardening, which retains water better. We'll have to look into that, eh?chain fence

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails